Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Remember The Time

I recently returned from a wonderful trip with chorus to New Orleans, the "Big Easy." The trip, which I expected to be a bore, was a grand success. Not only did I enjoy trips to Bubba Gumps Shrimp Company Restaurant, the Insectatarium, the Bayou (wild alligators were an arm's length away), shopping at the French Market, walking along the beautiful antique streets, and beignets with cafe au lait for brekke, but friendships were created that will last a lifetime. In addition to all of these lovely things, I was granted the opportunity to sing in a beautiful cathedral (the oldest cathedral in the United States), in a concert directed by the prestigious Bob Chilcott of Britain. He was an inspiration. Fortunately the song my choir toured with was a song called, "No More Silence," in which I sing a soulful chesty solo that I adore. I was honored to be able to sing in front of Mr. Chilcott.
Some pictures from the trip.














And then...the camera broke :( It was very sad. I couldn't take any pictures for the rest of the entire trip AND I have no recent outfit photos. Luckily, I have many backups in store :)
Have a great week everyone!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

im so glad you enjoyed your trip. it looks extremely picturesque!

much love

eden

Lo said...

I adore new orleans. I was surprised at how much I liked it too

Anonymous said...

Ahh Bubba Gump actually exists? I thought it was made up in Forest Gump.

Lauren said...

i was born and lived there till i was 11 - my hometown!! i havent been back in a while though - so glad you liked it! bet it was really HOT and muggy tho :(

Merily said...

Wonderful pictures :)

Unknown said...

Looks like a great time and the photos are so great to look at.

I was recently in San Francisco and there was a Bubba Gump there as well, ahha, remember thinking the same thing as Something Picasso.
:)

this wheel's on fire said...

Wow I've never been, but sounds like a great trip!

Love + Cake said...

That looks so funnn!!! Love the pics...bummer about the camera.

xx. mavi

Anonymous said...

looks like you had fun! i've never been to new orleans, but from the pictures, it looks cool :)
xoxo,
Micaela

Lauren Goddard said...

Looks amazing! Shame about the camera!

x x x

yuri said...

so beautiful, and the photograhs are great!

NOELLE said...

Those Balenciaga inspired boots by Sam Edelman are up on Ebay!!

Here they are:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110416865038&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123



- http://whatsworn.blogspot.com/